This past year was a very, very good year for the short-attention span social media platform of Snapchat. A fairly new social media app compared to the Facebooks and YouTubes of the world, Snapchat hit the scene with a brand new concept of fleeting picture and video sharing that lessens the pressure of posting quality. Its revolutionary platform idea has proved to be a massive success – and a great place for businesses to get in some one-on-one interaction with prospective consumers.
To prove how good 2016 was to Snapchat, we’re going to breakdown some significant statistics proving that the video-sharing mobile application is the place to be in 2017:
· Snapchat awareness this year grew from 60% to 71% among Americans 12 years of age and older.
· Snapchat has more users now than LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter.
· Total percent of Americans using Snapchat grew from 17% to 23% just this year.
· Snapchat is now the country’s second favorite social media platform.
· Young Americans (12 to 24 years old) using Snapchat grew to 26% in 2016, outpacing Instagram at 17%.
Those are just some of the impressive Snapchat stats garnered throughout the past year. The company is expected to be valued at $25 billion at its IPO early in 2017, and the platform expects to close out 2016 with a whopping 150 million active daily users.
You as a business owner, individual, or entrepreneur should absolutely take Snapchat seriously as part of your 2017 business plan moving forward. Clearly, the app is not going anywhere any time soon, and the amount of daily users is expected to surpass 200 million this year.
Though Snapchat is a world of its own, centered on quit wit, clever videos, and intriguing content, anyone can learn to conquer its appeal by whipping out their phone and snapping a picture or video of daily business operations.
Consumers are all about direct connection and interaction with you today, and Snapchat is the perfect place to give them it – free of charge to you!